Trader Joe charges 0.3% fee for all trades, of which 0.25% is added to the liquidity pool of the token pair that was traded on.
A liquidity pool (LP) is a pool of two tokens, e.g. AVAX and JOE tokens. This pool is what allows users to exchange between the two tokens automatically.
Users can earn a share of the trading fees by depositing a pair of tokens into the LP (also known as "adding liquidity"). Users will receive an LP token, representing their share of the LP.
Risks and Rewards
By adding liquidity you'll earn 0.25% of all trades on this pair proportional to your share of the pool. Fees are added to the pool, accrue in real time and can be claimed by withdrawing your liquidity.
Your share of the Trading Fees will be accrued in real time and will be paid on top of your existing position when you exit the Liquidity Pool
Providing liquidity is not without risk, as you may be exposed to impermanent loss (IL).
If the prices of the two tokens revert back to the same prices when you added liquidity, you won't suffer any IL.
Tutorial: How to add Liquidity to a Pool?
Grab your tokens and head to the Pools page
Find the desired pool by using the page filters and/or typing in the Tokens you wish to deposit, eg 'JOE' or 'AVAX'.
Wow such pools, very deep.
3. Once you have selected the correct Pool, you will see the Pool page.
4. Here, you can add Tokens and also Amend slippage if necessary.
Red to Add/Remove and Blue to adjust slippage
5. Once you add in Tokens, you'll have to Approve in your Metamask + then Deposit the Tokens.
6. Done, you are now earning your share of Trading Fees generated by the Pool!
In return for depositing Tokens to a Pool, you will receive a 'JLP Token' you might be able to use this Token in one of our Farms to earn extra yield (on top of the Trading Fees) in the form of $JOE Tokens.
Tutorial: How to Remove Liquidity from a Pool?
Simply head to the Pool you wish to remove tokens from and hit 'Remove'. Now enter the required Tokens to remove or use one of the preselected % buttons (The ratio of tokens needed will be automatically filled).
Four handy % buttons to make your life easier
Please note: If you have deposited your JLP/Pool tokens into a Farm, you will not be able to remove them from the Pool. You must remove the Tokens from the Farm first
2. Once you have selected the amount to remove, you will need to approve the transaction in order to remove the Tokens.
3. Your wallet will provide you with Confirmation requests, once completed you will have your original Tokens back in your wallet!